The Barocksaal (Baroque Hall) was built in 1750 as a so-called ‘comedy house’ by French architect Jean Laurent Legeay. Art-loving Duke Christian Ludwig, from Schwerin, requested a small theatre to go with his ducal palace at the Universitätsplatz, his official residence in Rostock. The Barocksaal is used for concerts, readings and small theatrical productions and is one of the loveliest concert halls in the north of Germany.
The tourist information desk is located on the ground floor at the Universitätsplatz 6.
- Size (m²): 31
- People (parliament-style seating): 150
- People (U-shape): 80
- People (rows of chairs): 200
- People (standing): 500
- People (banquet): 170