Business hub of Rostock
The business hub of Rostock is appealing to companies in many respects. With its ideal location by the Baltic Sea, a well-developed infrastructure and an easy access, this city by the Warnow River is a prospering university and harbour city.
Very good transport links and the well-developed infrastructure are making the City of Rostock into a sought-after business location. Relocations to the city are registered regularly. As the largest city in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Rostock also lies on the international Copenhagen-Berlin and Szczecin-Hamburg axes. Transport and logistics run via express train connections, ferry routes to our neighbours on the Baltic, the Rostock-Laage airport and the A20 and A19 motorways.
Rostock's infrastructure – a northern hub
- A unique deep-sea port by the German Baltic Sea coast
- Daily ferry connections to Scandinavia, the Baltic region and Russia, direct connection to the European highway network along the A19 and A20
- Rostock-Laage Airport, with connections to Cologne/Bonn, Munich, Frankfurt, Stuttgart and connections to international airport hubs.
- A complete autobahn ring which is unique to the north of Germany, buses and trams make Rostock an easily accessible centre.
- The Warnow Tunnel, the first privately financed transport project in Germany (public/private partnership), connects the city districts to the east and west of Warnow River in the service, trade fair and conference centre of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
Around the topic business